Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Big Clean / Flashing my Stash

I should start at the beginning. Last year, when we moved from Philly to Boston, we downsized for the second time in a year. Going from a large 2-bedroom apt to a smaller 1-bedroom apt to a very small 1-bedroom apt, going from about 1200 sq ft to 575 sq ft. There was a lot of craft stuff and not so much room. For the past year we had the livingroom set up with the couch in the middle facing the tv, and my craft stuff shoved behind it with a table that was just not workable for crafting. This weekend, we began the big clean. I pulled all of the craft stuff out from behind the couch so we could push the couch against the wall. This is the pile of craft stuff:



Those are two different sewing machines in the front there. The one in the hard case is a beautiful Singer from 1965 with tons of pretty stitches, the other is a basic Brother that I bought a few years ago because the Singer is just too slow to try to use as a workhorse.

I sorted and sorted, and put together a new work table for myself. Here is the worktable:


Notice that it already has piles of stuff on it. I'm working on getting everything organized, which, like every other project in life, is taking longer than expected.

I was able to get all of my yarn together into a set of clear plastic drawers for yarn I use often, and a rubbermaid bin for kits I'm waiting to start and acrylic worsted that's waiting for some new knitter to want.

Here is all of the yarn in its contained form:



The drawers can roll into the corner under my desk. Where the bin will be stored is still in the works.

Here is what is inside of these:


(notice my pretty cat sniffing around)



There you have it. My yarn laid out for the world to see. Now that things are more organized I could probably even break it all down and say what each set of yarn was for, and whether there is really any chance in hell that it will get made. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Mintyfresh said...

The new workspace looks great! Impressive stash--I think you have more than I do.

10/12/2005 8:07 AM  
Blogger Jaax said...

I don't know about that. I think if you put all of your yarn together you'd have just as much as I do, if not more.

10/12/2005 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, nice organizational transformation! Your work table looks great.

10/12/2005 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home