Friday, September 30, 2005

Swiftly on!

I ordered a swift from Joann using their monthly 40% off coupon. Yay! Now I can make all of the various skeins I have around into lovely little cakes of yarn.

I have not been knitting, which is bad, because I really want to, but so much ends up getting in the way in the evenings. This weekend, maybe. I really want to make the hat with the Manos, especially since I was just reading something on someone's blog (no idea who) about how great Manos is to work with.

I haven't decided what to do with the baby jacket yet. I think I'll finish it, and also make some smaller things, washcloths and such as suggested, and make my decision when the time comes.

I just found out about Spark Crafts in Davis Square in Somerville. I'm not sure how I didn't know about this place before, but now I must make a pilgrimage across the river. I am seeing visions of taking a pair of jeans that I love but are falling apart and making them into something that I can keep wearing with a lot of pizazz. What I really need to do is hem all of those pairs of pants that have been patiently waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home