Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I think I'm being selfish

The more I think about it, the more I worry that if I give the baby jacket to the friend for whom it is intended, I am setting myself up for lots of work. This is the first friend having a baby. I was inspired, I wanted to make a little jacket. True, it is much smaller than making something for an adult, but it's a lot of money, and still a good bit of time. Do I set myself up for this for each friend who has children? Or do I make something smaller for this friend, and save this jacket for a future niece or nephew, or even a future child of my own? And is that selfish? Given that this baby isn't due until the end of December, I should really stop obsessing about it and knit the hat with Manos for the dear friend whom I promised would have her hat for the fall. Oh, dear. I will knit while I watch ANTM this evening, but I just don't think I can knit through Lost. I may miss something, and that's not good in that show. I'm glad it's getting more fall like, it makes me more likely to actually work with the wool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not being selfish! I recently did the exact same thing: I made a baby sweater for a coworker (because I was so excited to do baby knitting!) and now I'm pretty much committed to making baby sweaters for every freakin' coworker that gets knocked up. I managed to catch myself before sending a sweater to my childhood babysitter. I was saying to someone recently that I'm starting to think about baby sweater gifts the way Elaine on Seinfeld judges whether people are sponge-worthy. Are they sweater worthy? It's perfectly legitimate question. Your time and resources are limited. I say keep the sweater for yourself (either for another, closer baby or for your own someday) and whip out a little baby washcloth or hat or booties or whatever. And don't feel selfish or guilty!

9/29/2005 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home