Sunday, September 18, 2005

I *want* to like the Container Store

I really want to like the Container Store. And for the most part I do. We got all kinds of good stuff, but their method for actually getting your order to you is really bad. We went to try to get some things to organize my craft corner. Which is really more than a corner. And it's out of control. Currently, I have what is really a buffet type side bar thing from Ikea as my sewing table. It doesn't work out because it is really shallow from front to back, so there's no real room to work. I also have all of my yarn and fabric and whatnot in big rubbermaid containers, so I end up digging through every time I need some supplies. I had gotten some wall mounted shelves to put craft supplies on, which worked for a little while, until they came crashing down. So I went to the Container Store. I bought some clear plastic drawer things. I got a little file box. We went back yesterday to try to find a little desktop for me, and maybe some stuff to organize our two horrible closets. Hours later, and way, way too much money later we'd bought all of these "systems" for the craft are and the two closets. Then we had to go back today to pay and pick the stuff up, and we had to wait again. Now we have boxes and rails and table tops and drawers in pieces all over my craft area, waiting for next weekend when we can actually put it all together. I'll be lucky if I can find my yarn and needles in the piles in the next week. Myabe next Sunday I'll go find the Knitsmiths in Brookline so there's someone to force me to knit. Not that I should need to be forced to knit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home