Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Organizational Behavior

I may have been cursing the Container Store during the hours that we were there, stressing out, designing closets, searching out storage, and waiting for pickup. But now that we have done some of the instalation, I am amazed. I have not been knitting because I have been in total organization mode in my apartment. Which of course means that right now, it looks like a bomb went off. But the closets are amazing. I was realizing after it was all done that I should have taken before pictures, but I will definitely have to take after pictures when everything is loaded back in in an orderly, easily accessible manner. The only problem is that it is so airy and well organized that the cat is complaining that there are no dark hidden places in there for her to go hide in anymore. Well, that's what her kitty condo is for.

Now that we've gotten the closets finished, the next thing to attack is my craft corner. When you have two people living in a one bedroom apartment with only a living room, kitchen, bedroom and very small bathroom, it really does matter that the craft area has exploded to take over half of the room. We currently have the computer and tv and some bookshelves against one wall, the couch in the middle of the room facing the TV, and everything behind the couch is out of control craft mess. Well, the new "system" that I have should actually harness it. I have bins. I have a new craft table. I have drawers. I have shelves. I will be the most amazingly organized crafter in the world, for at least a day. :-P This I will b sure to take before and after pics of. Although I will be *so* embarrassed to actually post the before pictures on the internet.

Currently the baby jacket is stopped at the place where the pockets should be added (should pockets be added has yet to be decided). I have three pairs of pants that need to be hemmed for my lovely, yet very short, great aunt. They take priority over the knitting. And although I am loving the class I'm taking this semester, it is a participatory kind of class, so no knitting there. Ah, well. Sometime before next spring I will finish the hat I need to make, the baby jacket, and a tank for myself. And maybe even some other projects. Riiiiiight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home