Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Can it be? I'm done!

I am back from several days away, wandering the mid-Atlantic. It was damn hot, but I knitted away. I did not meet my goal of finishing the sweater before I saw Gus. I had actually finished the knitting, but not the finishing, so back home to Boston it came. I just finished sewing on the buttons, and it is done, ready to go in the mail. I will post pictures once it's been received. I will also have pics of the blanket I made. Now I keep my fingers crossed that the sweater is not too big, and that he is in enough air conditioned spaces in the coming months to actually wear it. He's 5 months old, and I'm afraid he's already too big for the 9-12 mo sweater.

For future babies, I think I'll make things they don't wear, but can use, and not outgrow. Like toys or blankets.

2 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

congratulations!

6/01/2006 6:24 AM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

My god, you finally finished!!!

Toys are a delight to knit. Crap! I just realized I was going to knit a toy for my boyfriend to give to a friend he's seeing this weekend (friend's wife is preggers), and I totally forgot. Can I do it all today in time to give it to the boy before he leaves tomorrow am? Crap!

6/01/2006 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home