Wednesday, November 16, 2005

the baby washcloths

The basby washcloths for the first baby are done, unfortunately without pictures. There was a lot going on, I had to drive to MD for the shower, and they weren't exactly done until about an hour before hand. I was actually sitting in Starbucks right before the shower, finishing up the last one and weaving in ends. They were very soft and well received. I'm working on another set for a coworker who just had a baby, and I'll take a picture of them. Too bad it's not a touchable thing, this Crayon yarn is unbelievably soft.

On other projects, I'm still working on the little jacket for the first baby (now I'm aiming for before he/she is born, since I missed the shower). I bought beautiful little buttons this weekend on my trip, but unfortunately bought 6, and the pattern calls for 7. PITA. I might actually call the little shop in Philly to see if they could send me one more. Seems like a pain for a $.75 button. I really want them to be the buttons, though. They're little wooden buttons with a little cut pattern on the front.

Minty, we should discuss our sock knit along. I don't like the way the pattern is written with the strange partial round to start, and I was thinking I might play with it some. I need to focus on this baby jacket for the time being, though, seeing as this kid is supposed to join the world within a month, and I should get it out to the mommies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home