Saturday, August 20, 2005

Pain in the butt

When I was on my west coast trip, I promised my lovely friend Meera that I would knit her a hat, to add to her extensive collection. I knitted her a hat years ago, when we were in college, and she is more apprecciative of the knitted gift than anyone else I know. So, we went to a little shop, and she picked out yarn. I knew the style she wanted, the Cabled Newsboy Cap from Stich 'n Bitch Nation. I have the book at home, but didn't have it with me, and they were out of it at the shop, so we went to a bookstore to look at how much yarn we'd need, but we apparently missed something. I was reading how many grams per 100 yds, not how many skeins we'd need, so I bought 1 skein, and we needed two. Luckily, we bought Manos del Uruguay in Natural, and they don't have dye lots, so I was able to order some from the internet, and hope that the colors are close. I also need to buy more Addi Turbos in the right size. How do I not have Addis in an 8? A trip to my LYS is in order. Maybe tomorrow afternoon. And I'm writing down what I need for needles, and checking it twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home