Tuesday, August 02, 2005

How the hell is it August already?

I have made a little progress on the baby jacket. I find that I'm knitting a lot more tightly with the cotton. Or maybe there's just less give in the yarn. I tempted the fates and didn't do a gauge swatch, but I figure that I'm knitting the 6mo size for a baby that has not yet been born. My gauge is consistent, whatever it is. The baby is going to fit in this jacket for a limited amount of time no matter what size it is. I think it will work out.

I have done all of the shaping for the front of the tank, and now just need to finish up the straps, but it is just not calling to me. I just need to do it, get it done, and give it to my friend. I am now agonizing over whether to make it an x-back, or to make the straps parallel. She is full chested, and I have found it difficult to find x-back bras that work well for larger chests. It is an impasse. Do I ask her which she prefers? She doesn't know I'm making this for her, it was to be a surprise. The agony of it all.

By the way, did I mention that I want someone else to have a baby so I can make this? I love the friends for whom I'm making the baby jacket, but I think it would have to be a relative or a really, really close friend for this blanket. Although, I could just start working on it now and then give it to whoever has the first baby. Though, does that set a precedent? ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Mintyfresh said...

That baby blanket doesn't look hard at all--in fact, I would worry that it'd be really boring. Sure, you're changing colors all the time, but it's practically all stockinette!

8/02/2005 2:53 PM  
Blogger Jaax said...

It's more that I thought it would be kind of tedious, but it's so cute! I want one for myself!

8/02/2005 4:20 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

ah, i see. definitely looks tedious. but the end result is fun!

8/02/2005 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home