Thursday, May 12, 2005

My First Frog

After reading the knit-along for the x-back tank, I thought I'd try on my beginning to see if mine was having the same too-big issue that other people's were. Was it ever! I took it off the needles onto a really long pice of extra yarn, and when I tried to spread out the stitches, the yarn wasn't even long enough! I was making a large, and granted I'd knitted a 16 st to 4 in swatch, so I'd added a ton of stitches, but this thing was big enough to fit around me and a few friends. So I've pulled it out, and I'm starting over, with many fewer stitches. We'll see how attempt #2 goes.


The way-too-big beginning of my first try of the x-back tank. Posted by Hello


Close-up of the now-frogged tank. Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get the fish motif you used for your baby blanket block. It's real cute! -Bonney

5/14/2005 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, remember how I bought myself ribbon yarn the day the new knitty came up? well, it was a narrow ribbon, not a wide one (impossible to tell from the Web site where i bought it). I kind of started it, but . . .

So since you provided the link to the knitalong, I was reading it, and found a link to a place that carries the exact same yarn the pattern calls for. So I just bought myself enough for two sweaters. one in red and the other in . . . um, I think a red/white stripe. (I wasn't really thinking, apparently.)

Anyway, I'm psyched!

5/16/2005 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just checked my confirmation email. Apparently I was thinking: The other color I got is a blue/white stripe.

5/16/2005 9:24 AM  
Blogger Jaax said...

I just marked out the pattern on graph paper. Since I was double-knitting it, it's just a matter of pulling the other color through.

5/17/2005 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home