Tuesday, April 12, 2005

At least last night I knit

I did a few rows on a sweater I've been knitting for myself for almost two years. I am looking to knit while I'm watching TV instead of just sitting there like my body has been taken over by very lazy aliens. The sweater hasn't taken so long because it's tough, necessarily, mostly because I put it aside for loooong periods of time to work on other projects that knit up faster and are therefore more rewarding more quickly. This is the sweater. My mother gave me the kit for Christmas several years ago after I discovered the shop at Stitches East. They used to have a shop in Freeport, ME (another excuse to go, as if LL Bean weren't enough), but they are now only in New Brunswick. The yarn I'm using is a forest green and grey, two stands twisted together (it's one of the colors they offer - Spruce Green). I also have the wool and a pattern from them, beautiful navy blue yarn and matching wool fabric, to make a cardigan and a skirt, but I haven't even started that. Once I get new batteries in my digital camera, I'll post pics.

1 Comments:

Blogger maryse said...

ha! i'm your first comment! pretty sweater by the way.

4/15/2005 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home